Patrick M. McClean is the founding member of Veteran Safety Supply LLC, a Pennsylvania-based Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business created in 2015. With a diverse and successful background in the military, the safety industry, and the information technology sector, his credentials include:
• Six-year tenure with the Pennsylvania Army National Guard as an Infantryman.
• Year-long combat deployment to Iraq, 2005-06, into the heart of the Sunni Triangle, between Ramadi and Fallujah at Camp Habbaniyah, a US Army forward operating base.
• Qualification as a service disabled veteran by virtue of the physical injuries he received as a direct result of hostile combat engagements during his Iraq service.
• A post-war GI bill supported post-secondary education, culminating in 2009 with a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Business Marketing from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
• Employment in customer service and sales with a Pittsburgh-based distributor/dealer of safety products and instrumentation.
• Employment as regional manager for a California-based enterprise security software vendor with an extensive territory in the US Southwest.
• A burning desire to lead from the front — giving birth to Veteran Safety Supply as a start-up venture that will generate employment and business opportunities for other veterans.
• A fulfilling lifestyle as an avid outdoorsman and fitness enthusiast.
• A dedicated volunteer at his local VA Hospital, aiding fellow veterans in need.